Sunday, October 12, 2008

Eggs Hollandaise



5 spears asparagus


2 poached eggs

Minced ham

Chopped tomatoes (about 1 or 2 cherry sized ones)


Lightly steam the asparagus until it is done the way you like it. Place in a neat bundle in the center of your plate. In the same skillet poach the eggs--I pour hot water from my tea kettle which is always steaming in the morning into a small skillet, let the water bubble, pour in just a tad of vinegar (about a tablespoon) and crack the eggs in. Take them out when they are done to your satisfaction--I like mine slightly runny. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon if you have one (I don't, I use an omelet spatula) so that the water drains off as you pick it up. Nestle the eggs atop the asparagus, spoon the Hollandaise over the them, and sprinkle with the minced ham. Sprinkle chopped tomatoes around the plate for color. Voila! Eggs Hollandaise.

1 comment:

Nyatzi said...

are you kidding me? strawberries are one of the main things you are supposed to avoid on a low oxalate diet!