I would call this Florentine Chicken if I could eat spinach instead of kale...as it is slightly like spinach, I figure Firenze is close enough...
Last night for dinner I made stuffed chicken breasts--it was really easy, and very yummy. I took 1/4 of a cup of sundried tomatoes in oil and minced them finely, and mixed them with chopped cooked kale (about a cup), about 1/4 of a cup of chopped marinated artichoke hearts, 1/4 cup feta cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and 1 T. mayo. I cut a pocket in my chicken breasts, and stuffed them with the mixture, then I sprinkled basil, oregano, thyme, garlic salt and pepper, and a bit of olive oil on each breast and baked it in the oven for an hour. It was really good. Low oxalate, pretty Paleo, and a winner as far as my family was concerned. I served it with buttered green beans and salad. Everyone liked it. Next time I want to take sun dried tomato, ham, roasted peppers and feta cheese and try it that way. It would also be good with eggplant I think--maybe I will make eggplant rolls sometime soon and try it. Yum, with mozzarella on top maybe...
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment